Ezekiel 48:35
The city will measure about
31,500 feet all the way around. From then on the city’s name will be:
The Lord Is There.
Thought
for the day – Where God is
Today we finish the book of Ezekiel. And I
can’t help but think what a wonderful ending Ezekiel presents us with. The land
is reallocated to the tribes and in the centre of it all, not in Jerusalem, is
the city of God. The holiest place that is separate from the worldly power of
the Prince of Israel. The city of God called ‘The Lord is there’.
I don’t know about you but that’s a place I
would want to be in. A place that in Revelation is described as having no tears,
or sickness, or death. A place of complete peace and love, because God is love
and where God is will be a place so beyond our wildest imaginations, we’ll spend
the rest of eternity simply in awe and wonder of where we find ourselves.
I’m not going to apologise if I come across
all gushing and silly. And I’m not going to apologise, because that is our
inheritance. The sad thing is that was our future, before we rebelled against God.
But that is our inheritance. This is what God has promised us. That one day we
will stand in front of him, we will walk beside him, we will see him face to
face, because in that place, God is there, what a beautiful, beautiful thought.
Hang on to it.

Comments
Post a Comment