Ezekiel 35:13
Thus
with your mouth you have boasted against Me and have multiplied your words
against Me. I have heard them.
Thought
for the day – God is still God
I wonder sometimes how much people must hate
God. I’m treading on some very thin ice here, but I wonder if one of the
reasons, atheists spend so much time railing against faith and religion is
because inwardly and probably subconsciously they have a deep hatred for God.
People such as Stephen Fry, Ricky Gervais, Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins. They
will no doubt claim that rationality and science drive their convictions, but
so often their attacks on faith and God are so vitriolic that it borders on
hatred.
I get really cross when people slag God off.
And I get really cross when people build their careers on slagging God off. But
then I’m reminded that God is still God even if those who hate him denounce
him. And God is well aware of the things that are said about him. But here’s
the thing. While there are people out there who will hate God, God still loves
them. It doesn’t matter whether they’re a famous atheist like the ones I
mentioned earlier, or someone who has experienced pain and injustice and has
truly developed a hatred for God, God still loves them. Period. And because God
loves them, so must I. It is not my place to judge. It is my calling to love
them. To demonstrate God’s love to them and hopefully like Ayaan Hirsi Ali, who
was an atheist but who has come to know the love of God, they will experience
God’s love.

Comments
Post a Comment