Daniel 8:14
And he said to me, “For two thousand three hundred days; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed.
Thought
for the day – Time and all that
One of the joys of doing Walking the Way is the research I do. I have encountered some truly weird and wonderful stuff in the 9 years WTW has been produced. Today was one of those days. The verse that came to the fore as I was thinking about the chapter was the time that it would take to cleanse the Temple after it’s desecration. The modern Gregorian calendar would put that at just under 6 years, while the Hebrew calendar would make it 8 years 9 months. I was slightly disappointed that it wasn’t a more ‘biblical’ number, like 7 or time, times and a half a time. And then I got wondering why we think time is so important in Scripture. So, I went and did some research.
Oh my… I found a website called ‘The World Now’. It basically a website that tracks events in the light of end times prophecy. Okay I can get with that. But some of the other stuff I read was, well let’s just say, it needed moderation and possibly a few magic mushrooms to get my head around. But it still didn’t answer my question about why time is so important to us.
And having done the research I’ve come to
three conclusions. Firstly, we love a good mystery and prophetic time, due to
it’s nature is a mystery. Great for wondering and speculation. Secondly, the
mystery of prophetic timing is such that it can make it can help us make sense
of the world. It gives the world a time frame, a mysterious one, but still a
time frame and that helps us to understand that the world we live in is finite
and governable. And finally prophetic timing underscores the precision and
sovereignty of God in the unfolding of his divine plan. It’s a reminder of his
faithfulness and the certainty of his promises. And it reminds us that it’s all
in God’s timing. Not our own.
Comments
Post a Comment