Daniel 10:14
But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood
me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help
me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia.
Thought
for the day – Battle beyond the stars
When I was a teenager, I went away on a camp for young leaders. It was run by Scripture Union and we were looking at Nehemiah for leadership skills. Anyway, on the Saturday afternoon I was outside reading, when I looked up and saw this enormous figure standing next to me. And I mean enormous, he was taller than some of the trees and as I looked around the campsite, I saw every person there had their own. It was of course a big angel and I couldn’t help but be blown away by that brief look into the spiritual realm.
Today’s verse from Daniel reminded me of hat day. And as I was researching today I came upon this quote from Biblical Scholar Ronald Wallace: ‘We are indeed given a remarkable revelation of the communion of heaven and earth in the cosmic conflict. In addition to be messengers, the angels are patrons and guardians of communities, nations and individuals on earth.’ From his commentary ‘The Message of Daniel.
I
appreciate it’s easy to get lost in the speculation about angels. But they are
there in the conflict between the forces of heaven and those angels that fell
for the lies of Lucifer and rebelled against God. Those same fallen, rebellious
angels that seek to destroy the people of God, represented by the battle
between the Prince of Persian and the angels Michael. Why do they want to
destroy the saints? Because they hate God and they know their fate. A fate we
do not share because of the gift of love and grace we received when Christ went
to the cross for us. I thank God for the protection offered to us by God through
his servants the angels. They are our fellow created beings who have the
privilege of seeing the face of God. Something we will one day share.
This blog post is part of the
Walking the Way Podcast series. All views expressed in this essay are those of
the author. This essay is freely available under Creative Commons License with
Attribution-ShareAlike, allowing users to share it in other mediums/formats and
adapt/translate the content as long as an attribution link, indication of
changes, and the same Creative Commons License applies to that material.
This work is licensed under CC
BY-SA 4.0

Comments
Post a Comment